Re: sudo:: method in tramp possible security issue

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: sudo:: method in tramp possible security issue
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 13:14:59 -0800

Is there a simple way to configure Emacs so that it does not use this sudo (or sudoedit) feature of Tramp? If not, perhaps there should be one.

I long ago put (setq tramp-mode nil) into my ~/.emacs file because of security concerns, so I wouldn't need to selectively disable sudo myself. But perhaps others who are less concerned about security (but still somewhat concerned) might want it.

Come to think of it, if 'emacs -Q' enables Tramp by default then perhaps I should stop using 'emacs -Q'....