Re: Linking to ImageMagick by default

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Linking to ImageMagick by default
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 19:34:18 +0800

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018, 02:39 Alan Third <address@hidden wrote:

In case anyone cares, I looked into this and XRender would do the
trick. I had a look at how to go about it, but as usual with X stuff
it looks a fair bit more complicated than with NS (and Windows), and I
don’t have a good X environment to play about in.

It may be smarter to resize the images (with XRender) when the pixmaps
are being generated, rather than when they’re being displayed, as
otherwise we’d want to rewrite the image caching code.

I implemented image scaling (and transformation) support in McCLIM using Xrender and it was surprisingly simple.

The API is very poorly documented, but it's not very hard to use.