Re: Linking to ImageMagick by default

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: Linking to ImageMagick by default
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 13:11:05 +0000

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 06:36:16PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I think you should use Fcons instead of list3 or list2.

Thanks Eli! I got there eventually using Fcons.

I’ve now run into another issue. Now that I’m stripping the image spec
down to the basics when I load an image in image mode and then use +
or - to resize, it doesn’t redraw.

It redraws correctly if you cause a redraw, by scrolling the window,
or making an animated gif animate, or similar.

I think that during redisplay something must be looking at the image
and deciding it hasn’t changed, but I can’t find anything like that.

Patch attached. It probably won’t build on Windows, unfortunately.
I’ve yet to look at that code properly, and I don’t have a Windows
build environment, but I expect it to work on X and NS.
--
Alan Third