Re: Fwd: Flymake and the 'face' property

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Fwd: Flymake and the 'face' property
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 03:23:09 -0500

> I don't want us to make changes for the sake of changes in a corner
> issue that touches on the display code.  That's from POV a good reason
> to discourage people from making such changes.

It should be a very cosmetic change, basically search&replace with the
only trick being in making sure we touch all places needed and
only them.  No structural change should be needed anywhere.
So, even if it can introduce breakage, it shouldn't make anything more
complex at all.

Software should be soft.  If we don't change it every once in a while,
it hardens,

        Stefan