Re: Arithmetic range error

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Arithmetic range error
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 13:05:45 +0000

Dear Robert,

    > Colin Baxter <address@hidden> writes:
    >> I originally posted an Arithmetic range error using org-publish
    >> to gmane.emacs.orgmode. My original post is
    >> [[gnus:address@hidden
    >>
    >> It was suggested that I also report it to emacs-dev. The error
    >> occurs using org-mode from git and seems to effect emacs-26.1 but
    >> not emacs-27.0.50. With a very inelegant ECM below, I can
    >> reproduce the arithmetic range error. I have tested the ECM on
    >> machines running Debian 3.16.0-7-686-pae and Debian
    >> 4.9.0-8-686-pae, with the same results.
    >>

    > I canʼt reproduce this. Did you use the same emacs to compile org
    > as youʼre running here?

Yes.

    > Does the problem go away if you run org uncompiled?

No.

    > Do you have any 'interesting' items in ~/.org-timestamps/org.cache?

Don't think so. The error still occurs if ~/.org-timestamps is empty.

    > According to my reading of the code, this can only happen if
    > youʼre overflowing the maximum integer value on your machine, but
    > the value in your backtrace is well below that even on 32 bit
    > machines.

    > Could you let us know your values of most-positive-fixnum,
    > system-configuration, system-configuration-options and
    > system-configuration-features?

most-positive-fixnum:
536870911

system-configuration:
i686-pc-linux-gnu

system-configuration-options:
--prefix=/home/redknight/local/ --with-mailutils --without-sound

system-configuration-features:
"XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 THREADS LCMS2"

Best wishes,

Colin.

--