Re: Arithmetic range error

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Arithmetic range error
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 14:15:15 +0100

Colin Baxter <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Robert,
>     > According to my reading of the code, this can only happen if
>     > youʼre overflowing the maximum integer value on your machine, but
>     > the value in your backtrace is well below that even on 32 bit
>     > machines.
>
>     > Could you let us know your values of most-positive-fixnum,
>     > system-configuration, system-configuration-options and
>     > system-configuration-features?
>
> most-positive-fixnum:
> 536870911

And that shows that Iʼd forgotten about the tag bits in emacs
integers. 'floor' is trying to convert 1549541220, which is greater
than your most-positive-fixnum.

You can either switch to a 64 bit platform, or try rebuilding emacs
with '--wide-int', which will attempt to use 62 bit integers (or
switch to the unreleased emacs-27, which has essentially unbounded
integers).

Robert