Re: new-flex-completion-style

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: new-flex-completion-style
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:22:19 -0500

>> > Can you see that some of the following predefined orders
>> > might be advantageous in particular contexts/use cases?
>> > Can you see that whether matching is scatter, regexp,
>> > basic prefix, or others, any of the following can be
>> > useful?
>> No, I can't.
> Seriously?

All the examples you give are non-specific to the completion-style used,
whereas the `flx` scoring seems more directly related to the
completion style.

I guess one could consider `flx` scoring as just another kind of
sorting, but I'm pretty sure that it can give odd results when used
with (say) regexp-style completion.

So maybe, another way to look at it is that there are several sorting
choices, one of them being provided by the completion-style.

        Stefan