Re: [ELPA] New package: disk-usage

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: disk-usage
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 21:39:42 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Pierre,

>> Is there a reason you apply `call-process' instead of `process-file'?
>> With the latter, you could scan also directories on remote machines.
>
> Nope, will do, just forgot about it (bad habit).

Thanks. And in case you want to support different command arguments per
host, you might think about connection-local variables.

>> One suggestion: you know for sure key bindings. Other people won't.
>> Maybe you could add a menue for your *disk-usage<...>* buffers?
>
> Isn't `describe-mode' enough?

Of course, and I did. But a menue is more convenient. 'C-h m' returns:

key             binding
---             -------

TAB             forward-button
ESC             Prefix Command
SPC             scroll-up-command
-               negative-argument
0 .. 9          digit-argument
<               beginning-of-buffer
>               end-of-buffer
?               describe-mode
R               disk-usage-toggle-recursive
S               tabulated-list-sort
^               disk-usage-up
d               disk-usage-dired-at-point
e               disk-usage-eshell-at-point
f               disk-usage-toggle-full-path
g               revert-buffer
h               disk-usage-toggle-human-readable
m               disk-usage-mark
n               next-line
p               previous-line
q               quit-window
u               disk-usage-unmark
x               disk-usage-delete-marked-files
DEL             scroll-down-command
S-SPC           scroll-down-command
<S-return>      disk-usage-find-file-at-point
<backspace>     disk-usage-up
<backtab>       backward-button
<follow-link>   mouse-face
<mouse-2>       mouse-select-window
  (that binding is currently shadowed by another mode)
<remap>         Prefix Command

C-M-i           backward-button

A longer list than needed; the relevant keys must be found.

Ahh, and applying 'e' (disk-usage-eshell-at-point) returns

eshell-mode: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

> Cheers!

Best regards, Michael.