-getRed:green:blue:alpha: not defined for the NSColor

From: Keith David Bershatsky
Subject: -getRed:green:blue:alpha: not defined for the NSColor
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 14:52:16 -0700

I have several older Apple machines running OSX 10.6.8 and only one newer
machines with El Capitan (which I no longer use for a variety of reasons).
Between the dates of 04/08/2019 and 07/10/2019, change(s) to the master branch
broke the ability to use Emacs.  I get a welcome screen and gdb spams me with
the following messages:

2019-07-12 14:36:27.976 Emacs[74347:60f] *** -getRed:green:blue:alpha: not
defined for the NSColor NSCustomColorSpace Device RGB colorspace 0 0 0 1; need
to first convert colorspace.

If possible, it would be wonderful if Emacs master branch could still support
users with older computers running outdated operating systems; e.g., OSX 10.6.8.

If support for OSX 10.6.8 is no longer possible, then it would be greatly
appreciated if someone can please point me to which commit(s) created this
issue and some advice regarding how I can at least fix it on my end.  The
average Emacs build time is in excess of 30 minutes due to all the
byte-compiling and it would likely take me a very long time to locate the
commit by trial and error; e.g., building various versions of Emacs from
04/08/2019 to the present until the culprit is located.

My build options are as follows:

CFLAGS='-Wall -O0 -g3' ./configure \
--with-ns \
--enable-checking='yes,glyphs' \