Re: Looking to start helping out and need direction

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Looking to start helping out and need direction
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 19:08:16 +0300

> From: Wayne Wallace <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 01:15:06 -0700
>
> I'm a newbie with Emacs and GNU/Linux but jumping in full bore because I
> believe in both and want them to continue.
>
> I used to do C/C++/Lisp dev back in 1990s for AutoCAD when I used it full
> time. Haven't touched it in a few years but willing to get back into it.
>
> I would consider myself a very junior self taught developer but I don't
> mind learning.
>
> I would like to help starting with something simple and eventually
> getting into contributing to more serious code.
>
> Let me know what you think would be a good starting point and I'll jump in
> and try to help.

I suggest to look at etc/TODO, and try to find there something that is
on the one hand minor and OTOH interests you enough to invest the
effort.  Then come back and ask about that task (or those tasks, if
there are more than one candidate); we will then tell if they are
important enough and provide more details if needed.

Welcome on board!