Re: Native line numbers landed on master

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Native line numbers landed on master
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 03:51:29 +0200

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:37 AM Yuri D'Elia <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'll throw this in, since I've mentioned it.
> Can we add a line number offset?
>
> display-line-number-offset
>
> As a signed integer which gets added the current number, defaulting to
> 0.

That's a different feature.

I don't understand the semantics.

- If you set it to a negative number (as you'll do, to compensate for the headers), what number will had previous lines: negative (which is currently unsupported), or positive going backwards?
- What do you want to do when in relative/visual modes?
- What about narrowing?