Re: Terminal locked when spawning a new tty frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Terminal locked when spawning a new tty frame
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:48:39 +0300

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 15:12:07 +0000
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I have not been able of reproducing this with "emacs
> -Q". That's the reason I have not been able of reporting this bug.

I understand where you are coming from, but this is a mistake.  It is
better to report a bug with whatever details you have, even if you
cannot reproduce it at will or in "emacs -Q".  Why? because someone
else could try reproducing it, and if successful, could then add more
details, or even debug it and solve it.

So please do report it.  If you cannot reproduce in "emacs -Q", see if
you can find the minimal .emacs that reproduces it -- if you can
afford the time necessary for dissecting your customizations.

> Scenary One:
> When working on another workstation through ssh -Y user@host (X
> forwarding). And closing the emacs session on the remote workstation.
>
> In this case I just need to go to the local emacs session and kill the
> *Backtrace* buffer. I have created an alias for It.

It would be better to post the *Backtrace* buffer with the bug report.
It will probably tell us something important about the cause of the
problem.