Re: master 2bb0703 1/2: lisp/*.el: Force non-nil result to t, to match d

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: master 2bb0703 1/2: lisp/*.el: Force non-nil result to t, to match docstring
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 03:44:38 +0200

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 3:08 AM Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Aren't these mostly doc string bugs, though?  That is, the doc string
> says "t" instead of "non-nil"; it's a common bug.

Depends. When the function is a predicate, t/nil makes more sense (generally speaking, there are exceptions) that non-nil/nil.

In this and the other patches, I've opted for the fix (either doc fix, or code fix) that I thought it was more logical, or matched better the function's intent, or less prone to cause a bug.