Re: building emacs on macos 10.15, headers missing

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: building emacs on macos 10.15, headers missing
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 22:27:53 +0100

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 10:51:11PM +0900, 조성빈 wrote:

> > 2019. 10. 17. 오후 6:31, Alan Third <address@hidden> 작성:
> >
> > Homebrew provide a broken .pc file for the system libxml2, it should
> > be in
> >
> >   /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/pkgconfig/<os
> > version>/libxml-2.0.pc
> >
> > and points to /usr/include even if it doesn’t exist. I can’t find the
> > bug report right now, but they had a solution and were just waiting
> > for someone to implement it. Looks like that’s not happened yet.
>
> This is just a curiosity, but is that strictly Homebrew’s fault or
> is it from upstream (pkg-config) one?

No, it’s a Homebrew thing. The system libxml2 doesn’t have a .pc file,
so they created their own one to point to it. Unfortunately when Apple
stopped shipping the includes that setup stopped working.

IIRC, if you look in the directory you’ll see other .pc files for
other system libraries. Libxml2 just seems to be the one that causes a
lot of hassle.
--
Alan Third