Re: building emacs on macos 10.15, headers missing

From: 조성빈
Subject: Re: building emacs on macos 10.15, headers missing
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 08:02:24 +0900

> 2019. 10. 30. 오전 7:20, Alan Third <address@hidden> 작성:
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 10:29:50AM +0100, Alan Third wrote:
>>
>> Patch attached. It’s very simple. There’s some code just after the new
>> code I’ve added that should check for the existence of the xcode SDK
>> directory, but I think the bogus .pc file provided by homebrew stops
>> it from running. But I’ve a feeling it maybe doesn’t work anyway...
>
> Did anyone get a chance to test the patch?

I was just waiting for Home-brew to fix the pkg-config file for libxml2, which
is located here:
https://github.com/Homebrew/brew/blob/master/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/pkgconfig/10.15/libxml-2.0.pc

Looks like it’s not getting a lot of care, so I would like to make a PR there,
but as I’m not familiar with .pc files I’m not sure how to edit them.
Looks like not only libxml2 but also sqlite3, libcurl and other system provided
libraries are affected.

I’m just opening an issue for now, linking to this thread.