Re: Add a separate mode for .dir-locals.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add a separate mode for .dir-locals.el
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 12:52:13 +0300

> From: João Távora <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:43:36 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> From: João Távora <address@hidden>
> >> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> >> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:25:17 +0100

> >> I've done by best.
> > Where?  Maybe I've missed that, so please summarize it for me.
>
> Where?  Ufff... OK.  In this thread, I've been trying to tell, you many
> times over, constructively, that I think this is a _symptom_ of a larger
> problem, namely a failure to correctly model differences between lisp
> code and data.  Nevertheless here is, one last time, for your benefit
> (and hopefully ours, too), a summary:

Thanks, but I didn't ask for a summary, I asked for a detailed
description of the original problem which started this thread.

Clément, you've reported the original problem, so could you please
tell more details about it?  What triggers the problem, and how does
it manifest itself to the user?  Is it just due to an attempt to
byte-compile .dir-locals.el, or is it due to something else Flymake
does?  Thanks.