Re: 27.0.50: How can I test a buffer-local window-configuration-change-h

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 27.0.50: How can I test a buffer-local window-configuration-change-hook in batch mode?
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 08:49:06 +0100

> I don't see much waste: put a function on the
> window-configuration-change-hook and the first time it's called you know
> the buffer is displayed so you remove the function from the hook.
>
> There's no "scanning all window changes" involved.

The premises were that (1) 'window-configuration-change-hook' is not
called in batch mode and must be therefore emulated (using some sort
of 'get-buffer-window-list' at least) and (2) a buffer might never get
displayed, so the function will remain on the hook (or what is run
there instead) forever.

And obviously Emacs 26

(progn
  (set-window-buffer nil foo)
  (set-window-buffer nil bar))

will trigger the hook for foo while it won't do so in Emacs 27.

martin