Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 20:07:12 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Debbugs is a non-starter for any project that expects interaction with
>> its user base.
>
> A bug tracker should first and foremost help those who work on
> triaging and fixing bugs.

I disagree with you on this. A user-facing bug tracker must be welcoming
to users, otherwise you will miss many of those bugs.

> I have experience with 3 other issue
> tracking systems, and none of them is significantly better in this
> aspect; some are worse.

Maybe we should consider some of those which are not "significantly
better" at triaging and fixing bugs but are much better at interfacing
with end users and occasional contributors?