Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [Was: bug#25148:]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:46:18 +0100

> João Távora <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Also, does this mean debbugs-gnu will also work offline?
>
> It is not prepared for this.

Actually...  :-)  It does support saving the list of bug statuses to a
file and just use that when opening the *Emacs Bugs* buffer.  But of
course, to read the bugs themselves, you have to have them on disk.  But
if you do (and I do), you can use debbugs-gnu offline.  Responding to
bugs and altering their statuses is also supported (through Gnus'
offline mode), and you can send off the status changes/responses when
you get online.

(The downloading bits aren't included in the debbugs code, but I can
push that if there's interest.)

I did some bug triage on the plane back from Australia a few years
back, but then I got served too much booze and decided to stop.