Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 10:12:43 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 22:42:42 -0500
>
>   > I think the idea is that most people nowadays have some kind of
>   > account already -- either in gmail, or in facebook, or in one of the
>   > other services that GitLab is capable of using instead of a GitLab
>   > specific registration.
>
> The GNU Project must never invite people to sign in to a GNU activity
> using a Gmail or Facebook account.

We don't.  I'm just saying that many of them will, if we end up using
GitLab.  And I see no problem with that, exactly like we never ask
them which browser they use to send email to us or look at bug reports
on debbugs.

> We will not _punish_ or _reject_ people just for using those sites

That was my point, exactly.  Alan seemed to say that we should punish
them, or reject their submissions.

Anyway, this is all very theoretical at this point, since GitLab has
many other problems, which are of much more importance to us than this
one.