Re: Issue with rectangle mouse selection

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Issue with rectangle mouse selection
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 07:24:03 +0100

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 10:47:01PM +0100, Mattias Engdeg�rd wrote:
30 nov. 2019 kl. 22.28 skrev Ergus <address@hidden>:

We need more opinions about but I think that actually the most familiar
behaviour is setting mouse--rectangle-track-cursor to t for most
users... but lets wait for other opinions/complains related.

I pushed that patch (with mouse tracking the text cursor); it's probably good
enough.

By the way, the xterm quirk has now been reported to the maintainer.

On the other hand; when selecting backward the behaviour must be the
same independently of mouse--rectangle-track-cursor; as the cursor is
actually the rectangle corner in that situation right?

Then you wouldn't be able to select the leftmost column.

That's actually the problem. When mouse--rectangle-track-cursor is
nil I can't select the leftmost column when selecting backward..