Re: Some ideas with Emacs

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Some ideas with Emacs
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 07:12:46 +0100

On 2019-12-02, at 05:52, VanL <van@scratch.space> wrote:

>>> As an example, I'm reading a work under the (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) in which
>>
>> Example of what?
>>

> CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 is an example of a reasonable license for some.

OK, I didn't understand you.  Yes, it is a reasonable variant.

My reason is that I don't believe in books written as a collaborative
effort.  Such _manuals_ are acceptable, but books not.  A book should be
written by one person or very few people sharing exactly the same
vision.  Otherwise it is going to feel like a patchwork.

An encyclopedia that feels like a patchwork is fine.  A manual that
feels like a patchwork is ok.  A book is not.

IOW, a book - like any other artistic endeavor - has a "stamp" of the
author's personality.  In case of a book of two or three people, this is
blurred, but still possible to do right (though _very_ difficult, and
I'm speaking from personal experience here).  In case of GFDL, you migth
get a mess.

BTW, how many people actually contrinuted to Chassell's Elisp Intro in
a major way?  I'm really curious.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski