Re: Some ideas with Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Some ideas with Emacs
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 23:41:21 -0500

  > > I don't know -- but it needs updating, so I hope there will soon
  > > be another major contributor.

  > What exactly needs updating there?

One thing is that Emacs Lisp now supports lexical scoping.
When Chassell wrote the intro, we had only dynamic scoping.

However, there could well be other things that have changed.
For instance, the newer control constructs such as
when, until, dolist, may not be in the intro, and perhaps
should be.

(I have never read the intro -- when it was written, I already
knew Emacs Lisp ;-).

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)