Re: Request for partecipating in the project

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Request for partecipating in the project
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 23:00:37 +0100

On 2019-12-22, at 22:38, arthur miller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.
>

>> The ebook format allows you to consult the > manual with a smartphone,
>> tablet or epub-> > reader.
>
> Both my smartphone and my tablet read Emacs manual perfectly fine in html
> format in browser, and I am sure if I wanted to read manuals in pdf format
> they would work perfectly fine too. What does epub brings that html or pdf
> does not? Personally I don't even like pdf.

AFAIK, ebook readers can render HTML, but work much better with
dediacted formats.

FWIW, I converted the Emacs manuals to an ebook-reader-friendly format
many years ago, and automatic conversion resulted in a very poor
experience.  If someone volunteers to do a better job than Calibri, I'm
all for it!!!

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski