Re: Proposal to change naming format to allow package-prefix/function-na

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: Proposal to change naming format to allow package-prefix/function-name
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 18:06:17 -0600

FWIW, as yet another Emacs package developer, I support Zachary's
proposal.

As he said, it already exists as a de facto convention, even in some
canonical Emacs and Org code.  And users and new package developers are
doing it on their own, often being required to replace the slashes with
hyphens when submitting packages to MELPA, which strictly follows the
official guidelines.

Whatever the character used, as long as it's visually distinctive and
easy to type, I think it would be helpful to both users and developers
to allow it to be used to separate the package/feature name from the
rest of the symbol name.