Re: Default emacs init file location confusion

From: Elias Mårtenson
Subject: Re: Default emacs init file location confusion
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 11:40:14 +0800

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 at 11:32, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Elias Mårtenson <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 10:51:49 +0800
>
> I'm guessing that the $HOME/.config/emacs directory was created when I started Emacs before checking out
> my .emacs.d from source control.
>
> Would it make sense to display a warning before creating this directory in the first place, explaining that doing
> so will prevent $HOME/.emacs.d/init.el from being loaded?

I don't think we create the ~/.config directory.  We just check if its
emacs subdirectory exists.

Interesting. I certainly never created it myself. When I get back home I will remove my $HOME/.emacs.d directory and restart Emacs in an attempt to recreate it.

Assuming my description of the events is accurate (I may have missed something), there really should be no such directory created, yes?

Regards,
Elias