Font problem on git master

From: İsmail Dönmez
Subject: Font problem on git master
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:20:01 +0100

Hi,

Since the switch to cairo, I cannot set any font at all. Here is what
happens, running

> emacs -Q

This gives me a nice mono font which I suspect is the one set by Gnome
(Consolas at pixel size 12)

If I remove all my emacs config, so no ~/.emacs ~/.config/emacs, and
run emacs (without -Q) then I get a non-scalable looking font. Trying
to select any font using the font selection results in:

"Font not available: #<font-spec nil nil Consolas nil nil normal
normal nil 12.0 nil nil nil nil>"

which I have to admit, doesn't help me :)

Also, I used to have the following in my config file:

(setq default-frame-alist
      '((font . "Consolas-13:antialias=natural")
        (vertical-scroll-bars . nil)))

which results in "*ERROR*: Font ‘Consolas-13:antialias=natural’ is not defined"

This is all on openSUSE Tumbleweed (using Andreas Schwab's awesome
build from
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:AndreasSchwab:emacs:master/emacs)
with cairo 1.16.0

Any help is appreciated.