Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 00:33:37 +0300

On 21.01.2020 19:11, martin rudalics wrote:

Without a timer-based delay?

Usually without (but sometimes with). If a completion popup blinks in and out of existence with a 100ms timeout, it's bound to cause irritation (if not more, for those affected by certain neurological disorders).

OK.  So I conclude that the Lucid build is currently fully functional
for you without having to cycle visibility.

Indeed.

As you can see from the discussion I linked several times now, I recommended using it as the workaround. Unfortunately, it's much slower for some other users. But it's really working very fast for me. I don't understand this.