Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 09:56:11 -0500

There seem to be three concept in play here:
  - dedicated windows
  - really dedicated windows
  - unsplittable frames

gdb-mi creates dedicated windows which
under some circumstances (see my most
recent reply to Eli) still get split.

Your quote from Stefan seems to be about
really dedicated windows.

My comment that you quoted was about
the possibility of display-buffer splitting a
window on an unsplittable frame.  I admit
to having no actual experience with such
a configuration.  I was merely referencing
my understanding per info's Window Frame
Parameters > Buffer Parameters node:

‘unsplittable’
     If non-‘nil’, this frame’s window is never
     split automatically.

To reiterate my previous suggestion, I think
that creating stable window configurations
would be well served by adding a new
unsplittable window property.

/john

--