Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 17:20:03 +0100

>>  >> Dragging the right and bottom borders too?  Here dragging any border is
>>  >> usually smooth with very occasional jumps.  But it's much better than
>>  >> moving.
>>  >
>>  > Yes. I described that later in the previous email.
>>
>> It just doesn't make sense.  Moving a frame is a no-brainer, regardless
>> of whether you do it via the title bar or via the mode li
>
> Resizing the frame. Dragging the borders (right and bottom too) resizes the
frame, and doing that with an un-decorated normal frame exhibits the same broken
resizing behavior.

We have miscommunicated here: First I wrote that resizing is "much better
than moving" (because dragging a border is resizing) and you apparently
agreed with "Yes. I described that later in the previous email.".  Then
I meant that "Moving a frame is a no-brainer" and you responded with
"Resizing the frame.".

Either way, both resizing and moving are broken.

martin