Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 05:14:58 +0300

On 28.01.2020 19:20, martin rudalics wrote:
We have miscommunicated here: First I wrote that resizing is "much better
than moving" (because dragging a border is resizing) and you apparently
agreed with "Yes. I described that later in the previous email.".  Then
I meant that "Moving a frame is a no-brainer" and you responded with
"Resizing the frame.".

Sorry if it was unclear.

"Yes" was my answer to "Dragging the right and bottom borders too?", the question which started your paragraph that ended with "But it's much better than moving".

Either way, both resizing and moving are broken.

Apparently so. Though only some of this breakage is relevant to child frames, I think.