Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 10:29:40 +0100

> So, Lucid build, under Mutter:
>
> - Resizing works, more or less. Moving a frame by its mode-line works as well
without stutters.
> - The right-bottom corner still jumps away. When I drag the frame by the
mode-line, it (the corner) also jumps at first, the same distance.
> - Same with moving or resizing a child frame.

I reworked the code as attached.  This includes scaling support and the
jump away issue.  GTK resizing will probably still fail, the rest should
work now.

> - tumashu's child frame moving test scenario is still slow.
>
> E.g.
>
>    (benchmark 1 `(set-frame-position ,test-frame 50 50))
>    => 0.5s

Nothing changed in this regard.  But here

(benchmark 1 `(x-set-frame-size-and-position ,test-frame nil nil 50 50))

=> 0.100523s

martin