Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 20:27:53 +0200

On 03.03.2020 16:40, martin rudalics wrote:
Please clarify: do I use this together with the previous patch, or on its own?

On its own.

It looks like it pretty much works, with a couple caveats. Thank you.

Resizing and repositioning works. company-posframe functions with a GTK3 build like it does with a GTK2 build.

Caveats:

- The thing with "resize then refresh" is also here. When a frame is resized, two distinct phases are also visible sometimes. But if it's the best we can do with GTK... *shrug*

- The original test case in this thread shows a glitch in the child frame in the place (to the right) where the scroll bar could be. See the attached screenshot. Resizing the frame (height or width) doesn't make it go away. posframe doesn't trigger this, probably because it disables scroll bars.