Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2020 02:07:21 +0200

On 04.03.2020 19:29, martin rudalics wrote:
Right.  A similar thing happens with the toolbar I suppose.  You have to
turn off all of them.  The situation is slightly better with GTK2 builds
but there you can get strange resizing effects.  The only builds that
here work sufficiently well are Lucid builds after bypassing a brutal
hack that causes each single move to wait for half a second on platforms
that do not report the frame position as we want them (patch attached).

I tried the "combined" patch in your attachment, and it seemed in good shape: no resizing issues with GTK3, no repositioning slowness with Lucid (and mouse dragging works too).

If we could get it into Emacs 27, that would be great.