Re: Feedback on fido-mode

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Feedback on fido-mode
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 17:14:51 +0000

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 5:12 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: João Távora <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 14:42:40 +0000
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
> Anyway, Eli, assuming some of these complaints are easy to fix and can
> be fixed exclusively in fido-mode's code, what are your thoughts patching
> it up in emacs-27?  Or is it too late for that? I'd say "it's too late" myself,
> but I'd like to hear your opinion.

It's up to you.  Since fido-mode is new in Emacs 27, there are no
fears of breaking something users expect.

Thanks. I've now skimmed the list and many of the complaints don't
seem to have an obvious "fix" in fido-mode or even in Emacs itself,
so unless more concrete problems appear, it's unlikely that I will be
changing anything.

João