Re: lexical-binding is turned on in more use cases

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: lexical-binding is turned on in more use cases
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 23:06:35 -0400

  > > Usually we qualify this as "change" and not as "breakage".

  > You might, personally.  The rest of us call it breakage when something
  > which used to work no longer works.

This discussion is becoming unkind.  Please, everyone, make an effort
to respect the views that you are disagreeing with.

  > And you still, for the fourth time of asking, haven't answered the
  > question of why you failed to discuss this change on emacs-devel.  Were
  > you trying to prevent people like me expressing a view about it?

Please don't post conjectures that ascribe unworthy motives to the
other participants.  We have all made bad decisions with the best of
intentions.

Please reread https://gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html
and think about it a bit.

--