Re: lexical-binding is turned on in more use cases

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: lexical-binding is turned on in more use cases
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 15:39:14 -0700

AM> And I'm angry that such a far reaching change was pushed through without
AM> open discussion beforehand on emacs-devel. This seems to happen far too
AM> often in Emacs development.

While it may indeed be time to rip the band-aid and just accept M-: as
lexical, you make a good meta-point, Alan. This forum exists for us to discuss
such matters, and the fact that you were surprised is a sign that we haven't
done the best job of communicating with each other on this issue.

I don't want to question past motives here, simply to encourage Stefan and
everyone else to do what you can to keep your fellow developers in the loop,
and feeling like a part of the close-knit community that we are. I doubt any
malfeasance was intended, but since the pot has evidently become stirred,
let's do our best to avoid it happening too often.

You are both extremely valued members of this development team. I'd rather
have you on good terms than to have a thousand lexically bound minibuffers.