Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 10:33:01 +0200

> Do you want to write a "here's what we ended up doing" comment for the GNOME
bug tracker?

I can try to do that.  Here GNOME shell meanwhile has decided to ignore
all my earlier customizations and all it allows me to do is to start
applications via my keyboard shortcuts.  GNOME shell really doesn't like
me and I'm afraid that it will get even more insulted if I told its bug
tracker about what I did to its child frame handling.

> If the fact that we had to use a legacy function doesn't spur anybody
> to action, I don't know what could.

I strongly doubt that.  IIUC we do that all the time, at least with
GTK-3.  One day all this will break down on us.

martin