Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 22:25:17 +0300

On 07.04.2020 18:37, Robert Pluim wrote:
Itʼs subject to change. Imagine the future, when we have GTK4, and
your string-match-p now fails.

I don't know if GTK4 will need the same workaround. Maybe it won't or it'll need something different.

So in all likelihood the caller code would need to be updated. But that's not hard: we'll do that, release new version of posframe and call it a day.

That's the advantage of shipping features out-of-band with releases.

Iʼd like to think that the Gnome guys will jump on this and fix the
issue with mutter quickly, but then again, maybe they'll just say
"youʼre mixing X and GTK, stop doing that and we'll talk".

Yes, well. So far we're still waiting for at least *some* response.