Re: scratch/tzz/auth-source-reveal-mode dbe62dd: doc/misc/auth.texi: sho

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: scratch/tzz/auth-source-reveal-mode dbe62dd: doc/misc/auth.texi: shorten use-package example
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:47:23 +0000

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 00:58:55 +0100 "Basil L. Contovounesios" <contovob@tcd.ie>
wrote:

BLC> Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:
>> I think that since use-package is (still!) not in Emacs (and not even in
>> GNU ELPA), the doc shouldn't rely on it.

BLC> For anyone interested in following its Emacsimilation:
BLC> https://github.com/jwiegley/use-package/issues/282

The doc says "if you prefer use-package..." which is not IMO a
dependency or an endorsement, just a convenience. Also as Basil pointed
out, it's very likely that use-package will be in ELPA or core Emacs
soon, so maybe we can be a little bit lenient?

If you feel this is better left out until after use-package gets the
copyright assignments, I'll remove the example configuration.

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 00:44:21 +0300 Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> wrote:

DG> js2-mode inherits from prog-mode, doesn't it?

Ah, good catch, fixed.

Ted