Re: longtime user of emacs (was: "Why is emacs so square?")

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: longtime user of emacs (was: "Why is emacs so square?")
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 21:21:36 +0000

Hi. Jeff.

[...]

    Jeff> If I'm using a "vanilla" emacs, I usually change scroll-step
    Jeff> (or -conservatively), but this just takes a moment.  And, if I can't
recall the variable
    Jeff> name, I just do M-x set-variable scroll- [TAB], and there they are.

I tend to use vanilla emacs once per month (not regularly). One of the
things I would change would be:
(defalias 'yes-or-no-p 'y-or-n-p)

The idea, is not changing it. For me It is just mentioning some things ouf of
our experience as emacs users who from time to time experience|use
vanilla-emacs. Perhaps another person who use vanilla-emacs would say
'+1' to one of our suggestions (who knows).

Best Regards