Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 00:04:16 -0400

  > Its return value must be a "project
  > instance" which satisfies a certain protocol defined by several
  > cl-generic methods (think "interface" in Java, or "typeclass" in
  > Haskell, or "protocol" in Clojure, or multimethods elsewhere).

This protocol of operations and what jobs they are supposed to do
is what defines he project instance data structure.  So that is
a good way to document the data structure.

However, I wonder if there are some data that we can expect every
project instace to have..  For instance, does every project instace
have a name?  Is there an operation to ask for its name?

What are the simple data items that every project instance should
have?

--
Dr Richard Stallman