Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add new functions to mark/unmark/delete all bookmarks
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 21:54:02 +0300

> Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 20:28:56 +0200
> From: Matthew White <mehw.is.me@inventati.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>,
>  Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
>
> What do you suggest? Is it ok to be consistent using Emacs style
> in commit messages when typing Emacs' elements?

There's no need to be "consistent" between Lisp comments and commit
log messages.  They are different contexts.

In commit log messages please quote 'like this'.

> There is also ‘this’ kind of quoting in Emacs.

This requires non-ASCII characters, so could produce mojibake on some
less capable displays.  So please don't use that style in our log
messages.

Once again, we are talking only about commit log messages.  Lisp
comments, let alone doc strings, are another matter.