RE: Standardizing more key bindings?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Standardizing more key bindings?
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 14:27:28 -0800 (PST)

> We should also try to call things generally the same names what other
> people have already assigned to them. That allows us to benefit from a
> shared language (a technical dialect of English) and help users that
> just start out with Emacs to do it faster and easier.
>
> If we assign a different name for a thing than most other people use,
> our name will be "fighting" the existing name in the minds of our users.

Are they in fact the same thing?

Is your argument that a REPL _is_ the same thing
in Lisp as in other languages?  If so, you should
be OK with using "REPL" for Lisp too.

Or is your argument that REPL is _not_ the same
thing?  If so, since others have apparently by
now co-opted the name, Lisp can switch to using
"Replstiltskin".

Ah, yes, fairy tales...