Re: Standardizing more key bindings?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Standardizing more key bindings?
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 00:41:02 -0500

  > So what?  Their command loop does do "read, then eval, then print".

No, it doesn't.  It parses and executes a command, but it is
misleading to describe that as "read, then eval" in those languages.

  > Whether the "read", the "eval", and the "print" part are made available
  > to the language or only used by the interactive loop

Those conceptual parts are implemented separately in Lisp because Lisp
exposes them.  In a language which does not expose them to users, they
may not exist as separate parts in the code.
                                                         doesn't change the
  > code of the interactive loop, nor how the user interacts with it.

We want to make users aware of how Lisp is different, not look for
ways to downplay the differences.

If you have new pertinent facts to show me, I am interested.
However, different ways of stating your position will not
convince me, so please skip it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman