Re: ediff merge wrapper

From: chad
Subject: Re: ediff merge wrapper
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 08:42:24 -0800

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 12:05 PM Eliza Velasquez <exv@google.com> wrote:
Hello,

Internally at Google, we have a wrapper performing an ediff merge with
emacs/emacsclient which blocks until the merge operation has
completed. [...]

The biggest caveat is that the internal tool is written in golang, and
I imagine that you will want it to be rewritten to C. So before I go
and do that, I would like to gauge interest in distributing such a
wrapper alongside emacsclient and the like. What do you think?

This certainly sounds interesting. If you start by sharing the golang version, we can probably get enough eyeballs on it to generate some opinions before you go through the trouble of rewriting it.

Thanks,
~Chad