Re: gnus-group-read-ephemeral-search-group -- Something Changed?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: gnus-group-read-ephemeral-search-group -- Something Changed?
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 10:30:25 -0800

Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> writes:

>> I can provide better backwards compatibility by continuing to check for
>> the `nnir-search-spec' and `nnir-group-spec' keys, I guess I didn't
>> think people would be using that function programmatically in this way.
>>
>> Would you be willing to show me exactly how you're calling this
>> function? I can be more certain about providing backwards compatibility
>> that way, and might be able to suggest some alterations.
>
> I am calling the same function using the default keybinding `G G'. And
> it is giving this error to me.
>
> cl-no-applicable-method: No applicable method: gnus-search-run-search,
> nil, "nnimap:gml", ((parsed-query "hello") (query . "hello") (raw)),
> ("nnimap+gml:INBOX")

This is the error you'd get if gnus-search can't find the right search
engine to use for nnimap servers. I just changed the type of the default
value of `gnus-search-default-engines', so maybe you've gotten caught in
between. Can you please confirm that you're using the latest master, and
that the value of `gnus-search-default-engines' looks like:

'((nnimap . gnus-search-imap))

Thanks