Re: ido-switch-buffer is slow with many buffers; others are fast

From: Arnold Noronha
Subject: Re: ido-switch-buffer is slow with many buffers; others are fast
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 15:58:01 -0800

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 03:49:06PM -0500, Spencer Baugh wrote:
> I added arnold@tdrhq.com to CC since they filed bug#41029 in the first
> place. Arnold - you mentioned trying to optimize the binding process in
> the bug. Do you have any more detail about what you tried that didn't
> work out?

I wish I had more information to give you, but it's been a while. I
tried looking for old git branches or any notes I kept, but with no
luck. Happy to help if I can though, I'm sure there'll be things
that'll jolt my memory! It's also possible I gave up way too quickly,
looking for the low hanging fruit so I could get back to using
ido-switch-buffer.

--Arnold