Re: Is this "save practice" (setting default font scale)?

From: chad
Subject: Re: Is this "save practice" (setting default font scale)?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:47:39 -0800

If you're running emacs27 and later, and are still running comparative timings, try putting something like this into early-inti.el:

  (push '(font . "Anonymous Pro-16") default-frame-alist)

This seemed to do the job of avoiding redraw/flicker when I set it up, but I'm using emacs almost entirely under unusual circumstances (involving VM's, multiple window systems, git head vs. pgtk branch, etc.) these days, and I don't have a good way to test a simple unix+X11 setup right now.

Hope that helps,
~Chad