Re: Any way to tell Emacs how to open specific URIs?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Any way to tell Emacs how to open specific URIs?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 11:18:23 +0300

* 陈志伟 <chenzhiwei03@kuaishou.com> [2020-11-23 05:42]:
> > I strongly need a way to define how to open specific URIs as shown
> > here and to define some of my own. This will expand the program
> > capabilities I am making.
> >
> > Is there any current way to define how to open these URIs?
> >
> > Is there any plan to define those URIs how to open them?
>

> Are `org-insert-link-gloal’ and `org-open-at-point-global’ suitable for your
> cases?

Thank you but no.

In any buffer I would like to use goto-address-mode which in turn uses
those defined URLs. I would not like converting any buffer into org
buffer and also disturbing the view with Org links [[][]]

Buffer can be plain text, it could be markdown, it could be any other
type of outline, also Org file. Org file would not contain Org links
but directly shown links as I cited them like

ftp://example.com

When goto-address-mode is turned on those links become visible and can
be activated. But now they are all activated by eww.

I wish to be able to define to activate ftp:// and other links in
goto-address-mode to either use some Emacs function or maybe to invoke
external program.

I think mid: is for message IDs, I need those features of customization.